Supporting Teenagers and Young People
Our training covers a wide range of topics to help provide those who work with children or young adults the information they need to help and support young people who are vulnerable to abuse or neglect.
This course is designed to give information and guidance to those working with teenagers and young people who may be vulnerable to relationship abuse, substance misuse, and teenage pregnancy.
This course uses a multimedia approach to engage the learner including videos and scenarios to allow professionals to develop their knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Definition of teenage relationship abuse and the types of abuse: sexual, coercive control, financial, emotional, physical
- Risk factors and protective factors
- How to help young people in abusive relationships
- Factors associated with bullying, including locations
- Characteristics of perpetrator including types of adult bullies and children who bully – bullies, indicators, victims
- Types of bullying, including homophobic bullying and that of young people with learning disabilities, and the bullying cycle
- The relationship between bullying and suicide
- Definitions of substance misuse and addiction
- Young people and alcohol and drug treatment, referral routes into specialist treatment
- The misuse of substances, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, alcohol, and cannabis
- What to do if you have concerns regarding substance misuse
- The risks, impact and prevention of teenage pregnancy
- Supporting young people in reducing teenage pregnancy rates
- Legislation relating to teenage relationship abuse, bullying, and substance misuse
This course uses immersive real-world scenarios to help professionals apply knowledge into everyday life. These real-world scenarios and the supporting cases studies will enable learners to see how their training can apply to them in their role. A key aim of this training is to provide learners with strong context to the training so they can easily relate to the situations presented to them within the training.
£25.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!