Statutory & Mandatory Training: Safeguarding Children and Young People Level 3
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. This level 3 course enables those working with children and young people to recognise the signs of abuse or neglect and know how to act and respond in potential safeguarding scenarios. The information contained within can prove beneficial to both individuals and organisations working with children. This training material is aimed at professionals working with children and young people and includes sections for protection issues, legislation surrounding vulnerable children, abuse indicators, and the responsibilities contained within safeguarding practices.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to do the following:
- Know about child protection issues, including definitions, indicators, legislation, guidance and processes.
- Understand the importance of children’s rights as reflected in legislation and key statutory and non-statutory guidance.
- Understand what is meant by child development in the context of safeguarding.
- Understand the scale of abuse and the types and potential signs of child maltreatment within the context of normal child development.
- Know how abuse and neglect can impact on children’s development and how to recognise this.
- Have a greater awareness of the potential risk factors which may increase the likelihood of abuse in children’s lives.
- Have a greater understanding of the additional vulnerabilities of looked-after children as a result of their experiences of abuse in childhood, and know best how to support them and meet their needs (or to achieve stability and recover from abuse).
Statutory & Mandatory Training: Safeguarding Children and Young People Level 3 Certificate
This course is accredited by CPD. The certificate, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple-choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
£35.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!
Meet our Learning & Development experts
PA and Senior Administrator