Statutory & Mandatory Training: Safeguarding Adults
Aimed at anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable adults this course allows you to understand the range of abuse and risk factors. These training materials teach an essential understanding of the nature of harm that can face vulnerable adults, the reaction to suspected abuse and the procedures involved with potential investigations into abuse incidents. It also details what actions should be taken to safeguard adults from radicalisation and abuse in the many forms that these issues cam take. By completing this course you will know what to do if abuse is suspected and how to treat those who are facing abuse issues in their lives.
What does this course cover?
The training outcomes for this course are as follows:
- Understand the nature of harm to adults at risk and recognise a range of abuse factors, including the risk factors for radicalisation.
- Understand how healthcare environments can promote dignity and rights through person-centred care to help keep people safe and maximise their decision-making.
- Know what to do if abuse is suspected, how to respond to alerts and referrals and how to reduce risks after a disclosure, including implementing emergency systems and protective strategies for those who decline services.
- Be aware of relevant legislation, local and national policies and procedures and local arrangements for multi-agency safeguarding.
- Understand the purpose of investigations and the roles and responsibilities of the agencies involved, including gathering initial information, the thresholds for investigating and maintaining records and sharing information.
- Know the actions to take if you experience barriers in alerting or referring to relevant agencies, including how to raise concerns within local whistleblowing policy procedures.
Statutory & Mandatory Training: Safeguarding Adults Certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
£20.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!