Safeguarding in Healthcare
This wide-ranging course includes safeguarding knowledge for anyone working in a healthcare environment working with both children and adults.
Throughout this training learners will cover a wide range of topics including, multi-agency working, best practice, consent and confidentiality, and recruitment, which will help learners apply their knowledge to all areas of their workplace.
Anyone working in healthcare needs to maintain a wide knowledge of safeguarding concepts and best practices, to ensure anyone they encounter during their work is protected from abuse or neglect.
The aim of this training course is to provide learners with practical and applicable knowledge to help them in their working lives. This includes such areas as, confidentiality and consent, a wide range of information and guidance to help professionals working with vulnerable children and adults. It includes the following topics in more detail:
- The definition of both children and adults at risk
- The definition of confidentiality and how to achieve it, maintain it, and protect an individual’s information
- The safe practices included in safer recruitment, including pre-employment checks
- Applicable legislation for consent and confidentiality such as GDPR 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018
- The definition of consent, when you need to ask for it, and how to establish mental capacity to give consent
- Reporting your concerns – who to and how
- Recording consent; when to share information without consent if necessary
- Overview of safeguarding for children and adults
- The importance of safeguarding
- Multi-agency working
- Types of abuse, recognising abuse, how to deal with suspected/disclosed abuse
- Jargon and key terms
- How to create and use risk and harm assessments
- The course also contains challenges, case studies, and immersive real-world scenarios to help professionals apply their knowledge and skills in everyday working.
Legislation covered in this course includes:
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Access to Health Records Act 1990
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- GDPR 2016
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
£40.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!
Meet our Learning & Development experts
PA and Senior Administrator