Safeguarding in Childrens Workforce
This course introduces safeguarding, its importance when working with children and the many associated skills and knowledge required.
Anyone working with children needs to ensure they have an appropriate level of safeguarding training in order to satisfy their safeguarding responsibilities.
This wide-ranging course is designed for all working with children. It introduces safeguarding and the relevant skills, knowledge and legislation, multi-agency working, how to recognise and deal with abuse, and many common core skills and knowledge. It includes:
- An overview of safeguarding and why it is important
- The latest legislation and guidance
- Types of abuse how to recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and reduce its incidence
- How to deal with suspected and disclosed abuse; what to do if you suspect abuse
- Common core skills and knowledge, and how they fit in with your working role
- Anti-discriminatory practice and equality, diversity and inclusion
- Child-centred practice, person-centred planning
- Disabilities, developmental disabilities, models of medical and social disabilities
- Integration and inclusion of children with disabilities
- Working with families
- The six key areas of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce
- Communication skills
- Information sharing, record-keeping and recording
- Professional relationships and working in partnership
- Development of children and young people, play in development
- Continuing Professional Development
Case studies, immersive real-world scenarios and challenges help professionals apply knowledge into everyday life. This course is for everyone working with children, which may also include administrators and reception staff, police and probationary workers.
Legislation covered in this course includes:
- Health and Safety Act 1974
- Children Act 1989
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Education Act 2002
- Children Act 200
£35.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!