Safeguarding and Leadership in Healthcare
Our in-depth course provides extensive guidance and learning regarding the roles and responsibilities of the safeguarding leads and managers in healthcare.
Anyone who works with children or vulnerable adults understands that safeguarding is an important part of their role.
The leadership roles and responsibilities cover many different topics and safeguarding areas, so up-to-date and in-depth knowledge is vital.
Our course is split into two modules – Core, and Further Learning – each with over 20 components.
The Core module covers topics such as serious case reviews, duty of candour, how to support your team and how the disclosure responsibilities. Whereas the Further Learning module explores specific safeguarding topics ranging from e-safety to child sexual exploitation and abuse relating to faith and belief.
We put the learner at the heart of our learning, and this course has been designed in bite-sized chunks to allow you to dip in and out at your own time and pace, and undertake the learning in the order that works for you.
It is also filled with challenges, downloadable resources, videos and scenarios activities to ensure that the learning is meaningful and relevant but also interactive and engaging, ensuring a positive learning experience.
Module one: Core
- Governance, why it is important, and how to apply it
- Duty of Candour, relevant policies and procedures
- The importance of ‘safeguarding disclosures’, the responsibilities and roles of groups and named or designated professionals, and the overall response to a safeguarding disclosure
- How supervision is linked to performance and improvement, and the responsibilities of a supervisor
- The skills needed to support and manage stress, wellbeing, and resilience
- The impact of Serious Case Reviews on Adult and Child Practice Reviews, and their contribution to safeguarding legislation and policy
- The legislation, guidance and regulation relating to health and social care
- The signs and signals of abuse in both children and adults, how and why to report effectively record it
- The benefits of multi-agency working and information sharing, and the framework in place to facilitate it
- The roles and responsibilities relevant to job roles and organisations, for both children and adults, across sectors
Module two: Further learning
- The ways children and young people use technology and the internet, identify e-safety practices, how to report online abuse and how to seek further support
- Cyberbullying, the triggers for cyberhate, and the risks and consequences for victims.
- Online abuse relating to children and the process of grooming
- How to assess risk in Child Sexual Exploitation
- FGM, abuse linked to faith or belief, and honour-based violence, and how to help children and adults in vulnerable situations
- The motives and indicators of forced marriage, and potential consequences for victims
- Who is at risk of modern slavery, the indicators, and the National Referral Mechanism
- The definition of trafficking and its causes and consequences
- Indicators of radicalisation and the government’s Prevent and CONTEST strategies against radicalisation and extremism
- Signs of domestic violence and how to help adults and children at risk
- Why assessing mental capacity is important
- Legislation relating to these issues
Who should take this course
Our Safeguarding and Leadership in Healthcare course is suitable for a wide range of roles and is aimed at those working in the healthcare sector. The roles include senior managers, team leaders, safeguarding leads and anyone working with children and/or adults in the workplace.
Our online course will take over 12 hours to complete. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course and your progress will be automatically saved so you can log in and out as you please.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Legislation covered in this course includes:
Module one: Core
- Health and Social Care Act 2012
- Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) Regulations 2015
- Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR 2015
- The Care Act 2014
- Children Act 2004
Module Two: Further learning
- Public Order Act 1986
- Malicious Communications Act 1988
- Protection from Harassment Act 1997
- Communications Act 2003
- Digital Economy Act 2017
- Protection of Children Act 1978
- Criminal Justice and Courts 2015
- Human Rights Act 1998
- The Modern Slavery Act (England and Wales) 2015
£35.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!