Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel & Tourism
This course will help employees understand the benefits of excellent customer service and how to use them in order to provide for the customer’s needs and expectations.
This Hospitality: Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism course provides information to teach employees about customer service, which is vital in the hospitality industry.
By completing this course you will be improving your workforce and minimising the risk of bad publicity.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- State the role of the organisation in relation to customer service
- Identify the characteristics and benefits of providing excellent customer service
- Understand why it is important to show good product knowledge to achieve organisational success
- List the effects of behaviour, motivation and a positive attitude on achieving good customer service
- Explain why personal presentation is important in customer service
- State how good communication skills are a vital part of providing excellent customer service
- Identify customers’ needs and expectations and how these can be met or exceeded
- Understand how to deal with complaints and the importance of complaint handling procedures.
When you’ve completed this online training you will sit an online test and, once successful, you can download your certificate.
The subjects covered in this module include:
- Features of customer service
- The heart of a business
- Ken’s nine top tips
- Applying Ken’s nine top tips
- The benefits of excellent customer service
- Ken’s reflective questions
- Individual benefits
- Organisational benefits
- Customer needs and expectations
- Internal and external customers
- Internal or external?
- Online feedback
- Customer expectations
- Customer needs
- How do you view complaints?
- Handling complaints
- An opportunity to improve
- Following procedures
- Company complaints procedure
- How are we doing?
- Product knowledge
- Applied product knowledge
- Role of the organisation
- The Grand’s brand standard
- Customer reviews
- Summary and recap
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hospitality setting.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. The course is self-paced with approximately 53 interactive screens with multiple components. You do not have to complete all the training in one session. Your progress will be recorded throughout.
This course is CPD Certified.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
£25.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!