The rates for the national minimum wage will increase on 1 April 2023. The hourly rate of the minimum wage will increase from:
- £9.50 to £10.42 for workers aged 23 and over (the national living wage);
- £9.18 to £10.18 for workers aged 21 or 22;
- £6.83 to £7.49 for workers aged 18 to 20;
- £4.81 to £5.28 for workers aged under 18 who are no longer of compulsory school age; and
- £4.81 to £5.28 for apprentices under 19, or over 19 and in the first year of the apprenticeship.
Employers should check their pay rates against the forthcoming minimum wage rates and ensure that, where necessary, they increase remuneration for the first pay reference period beginning on or after 1 April 2023.
In need of some HR advice? Wherever you are in the UK, you can arrange a chat with one of our friendly professional HR advisors at any time.
Call us on 0330 0881857 or email email@example.com