Mental Capacity Assessment and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
This wide-ranging course contains information and guidance on Mental Capacity Assessment and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, how to undertake assessments and when they are appropriate, as well as recording the results.
This course contains several sections and covers a huge amount of material concerning Mental Capacity Assessment and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards, and includes the following as well as other information:
- How to work in the best interests of individuals and the importance of autonomy
- Guidance to the relevant legislation, such as the principles and Code of Practice of the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
- How to assess capacity, who is able to do it, when it should be done, and how it is recorded
- Descriptions of fluctuating mental capacity, unwise decisions, and how to deal with a refusal to complete an assessment
- Understanding mental capacity, and the definition of an individual who lacks capacity, and the presumption of capacity
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Liberty Protection Safeguards
- Definition of a deprivation of liberty, what is restraint, when they might be necessary, and how the Safeguards apply
- This module will give a strong foundation of mental capacity knowledge and how you can apply this knowledge towards duty of care of vulnerable individuals. It also contains examples of tests, challenges to check the learner’s knowledge, and interactive case studies.
Legislation covered in this course includes:
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Human Rights 1998
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights 1998
- Equality Act 2010
£25.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!
Meet our Learning & Development experts
PA and Senior Administrator