Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks Manufacturers Course
This online training course in Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene allows drinks manufacturers to ensure they are fully trained in food hygiene and safety and are able to apply these practices to their work.
We also offer Level 2 Food Hygiene for: Catering | Manufacturing | Retail.
If you are a Supervisor, Manager, Business Owner or Team Leader working with or handling food we would recommend you complete our City & Guilds accredited Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors course.
Food and drink are handled in a wide range of preparation and manufacturing processes. This includes drink prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops, as well as for wholesalers and caterers. It is important to understand why food safety and hygiene is important, so that manufacturers can remove potential harm to anyone consuming it, to comply with the law, and to prevent any damage to your business reputation.
Why take this Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks Manufacturers course?
As a drinks manufacturer, it is crucial to ensure that you or your staff are trained in food safety and hygiene. Effective training lowers the possibility of contamination or harm from micro bacterial substances, reduces the risk of foodborne illnesses after consumption, and helps drink manufacturing staff to maintain a high standard of hygiene for the premises.
Upon completion of this training material, your learners will have a basic understanding of food hygiene and safety and how to apply these practices to their work. Learners will understand food law, who food law is enforced by, and the responsibilities of staff and food and drink businesses to ensure appropriate food safety practices are in place for employees. Learners will understand how contamination occurs and how it may be prevented, they will know the seven principles of a HACCP procedure, and understand preservation storage and how to control drinks at different temperatures.
- Introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks
- Foodborne Illness
- Understanding Food Law
- Food and Drink Safety Hazards and Contamination
- Soft Drinks and Ingredients Preservation Storage and Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Asset Care
- Food Hygiene and Safety for Drinks Summary
By studying this course learners will:
- Understand the preparation and manufacturing processes and the meaning of contamination
- Know the difference between food safety and food hygiene in drinks, recognise why food safety incidents may occur, and understand why food safety and hygiene is important to avoid potential harm and contamination
- Recognise the main foodborne illnesses including microorganisms, chemicals and natural poisons and see how they may affect vulnerable groups in particular
- Look at the differences between the most common examples of food and drink poisoning and foodborne disease and how these may occur
- Understand the responsibilities that food law places on food and drink handlers, who enforces food law, and the penalties for failing to lawfully comply
- Recognise where contamination and risks may occur between the farm, the producer, the factory and the consumer
- Explore the main types of food and drink safety hazards, understand how they can arise, and also how they may be controlled and prevented
- Understand how they may preserve drinks, including appropriate storage and temperature control
- Know how to recognise spoilage in drinks and understand “Best Before” and “Use By” dates
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene when working in food and drink production
- Be able to ensure that food and drink premises are kept clean, in good condition and pest-free
- Understand the seven principles of HACCP and understand what HACCP means in ensuring drinks are produced safely for customers
The content of this course is City & Guilds accredited. Upon successful completion, learners will receive a digital City & Guilds accredited Level 2 Food Safety Certificate.
Approximately 2-3 hours to complete. As an e-learning module, this training can be completed in convenient stages. The system will record progress throughout.
This course has been designed for individuals working in the drinks manufacturing or processing industries; this could include bottling plants, dairies, and breweries.
There are no specific entry requirements for this Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks Manufacturers course.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our learner support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
£17.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!