Level 2 Food Hygiene and Covid-19 Training Package
Our Level 2 Food Hygiene and COVID-19 training package consists of two important courses – Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene and COVID-19 Training.
We’ve brought these two online courses together to ensure you and your staff know how to keep your food business safe in these uncertain and challenging times.
Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene
Our Level 2 Food course is one of our most-popular courses. Accredited by City and Guilds, it provides food handlers with all the information they need to be able to carry out their roles safely, ranging from how to clean and disinfect equipment, safely store and prepare food, and control common pests.
On completion, you will know all you need to be compliant and follow your legal obligations.
The following lessons are covered:
- An introduction to food safety and hygiene
- The impact of food-borne illness
- Understanding food law
- Food safety hazards and contamination
- Food preservation, storage and temperature control
Our COVID-19 course will provide you with general information you need to know about COVID-19 and how it may affect business working practices.
Our COVID-19 course is structured as follows:
- Introduction: This section details the learning outcomes
- What are the symptoms?: In this section you will find details of the main symptoms of COVID-19, and what you should do if you have the symptoms or have spent time with those who have them. It covers different scenarios: whether you live alone, live in household with others or in a support bubble, or if you have spent time with other households.
- How to prevent COVID-19?: Here you will find detailed descriptions of each preventative measures – face coverings, washing hands and staying safe and alert – as well as up-to-date information drawn from government guidance regarding what you can do, where you can go and what measures you must follow to help prevent COVID-19 in public places, public gatherings and at work.
- Social distancing, self-isolation and shielding: You will discover each of these important areas in the prevention of COVID-19, and guidance and best practice for each one.
- Best practices for work: This section provides advice for those working at home, and those working on-site.
- We pride our courses on being engaging and interactive. These two courses are no different – there are quizzes and challenges found throughout both, helping to ensure that the knowledge is learnt, understood and retained.
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course is accredited by City and Guilds and the certificate, awarded upon successful completion of this course, includes their logo.
For the average learner, this pakage will take approximately 3-4 hours to complete.
Because it’s an e-learning course, you can complete this training in convenient stages and spend as long as you like on each section.
The system will record your progress throughout and you are encouraged to complete each lesson at your own pace.
This food safety and hygiene course is aimed at anyone working in a role that involves contact with food, or anyone responsible for managing staff in these roles. The course can be used either as Induction, Awareness, Refresher or Foundation Training, making it a highly flexible choice.
The COVID-19 Training Course is aimed at anyone who requires an overview of the essential information of COVID-19 and how this could affect working practices.
The package is perfect for those working with or handling food to ensure their knowledge on the lastest COVID-19 guidance is followed.
There are no entry requirements for this package, but a basic understanding of food safety is beneficial.
Test and certificate
At the end of the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene course, you will need to complete a test that consists of 30 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and – if necessary – may attempt the test six times at no extra cost. If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Upon completing the courses, learners will be able to download digital certificates.
Legislation covered in this course includes:
If you’re working in the hospitality or service industry, you will need to comply with the latest food and hygiene regulations. This Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering course is designed to help you comply with EU Regulation 852/2004, which requires food businesses to ensure that any employee who handles food is fully trained in food hygiene. The contents of this course also adhere to the Industry Standards set by People 1st and the Sector Skills Council for the Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism industries.
£21.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!
Meet our Learning & Development experts
PA and Senior Administrator