Level 2 & 3 HACCP Training and First Aid Package
This Level 2 HACCP Training Package is suitable for food industry workers and managers, it provides the knowledge required by EU food hygiene legislation. This first aid training course aims to provide learners with an overview of how to act safely in the event of an incident.
This training package comprises the following topics:
Level 2 HACCP teaches learners about the HACCP regulations for the management of food safety. It is designed to ensure that food handlers know how to comply with the HACCP Food Hygiene guidelines and can confidently implement food safety practices in their workplace.
Level 3 HACCP provides food supervisors and managers with the training they need to implement a successful HACCP system in their workplace. Those trained to Level 3 are able to successfully introduce and monitor food safety regulations, and ensure that employees are suitably trained and competent to work to internationally recognised HACCP standards.
The First Aid Primary Survey course teaches learners to follow the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for basic to advanced life support training. Learners will know what to do if they are first on the scene of an incident, how to assess the situation as a potential danger zone and understand the importance of the recovery position and how it should be correctly applied.
Level 2 HACCP
- Explain the need for a food safety system based on HACCP.
- Describe how you use HACCP principles to create a food safety system that will ensure the safety of your food.
- Explain the terms used in HACCP and how Critical Control Points (CCP) are derived.
- Understand how using HACCP is applied to the type of food business you work in.
- Explain the need for procedures and documentation to be able to produce consistently safe food.
Level 3 HACCP
- Outline the need for, and importance of, HACCP-based food safety management systems.
- Describe the HACCP approach to food safety procedures.
- Review the legislation relating to HACCP.
- Describe the importance of prerequisite programmes and what they should contain.
- Explain and evaluate the five preliminary steps in the logical application of HACCP.
- Identify hazards and risks in a food preparation or production process.
- Determine critical control points (CCP) for significant hazards and establish critical limits.
- Describe the procedures required for monitoring CCPs and the corrective action procedures when CCPs fail.
- Evaluate HACCP based procedures through documentation and record keeping procedures.
- Outline the review and verification requirements for HACCP-based systems.
First Aid Primary Survey
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident.
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone.
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing, Circulation.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it.
All of the courses within this training package (Levels 2 and 3 of HACCP, and First Aid Primary Survey) have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Together, the courses usually take between 5-8 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Levels 2 and 3 of HACCP each take 2-3 hours to complete, and First Aid Primary Survey takes 1-2 hours.
Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout, and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training package is suitable for anyone who works with food, including food handlers and supervisors, as well as anyone who works in the food industry but does not necessarily handle food.
These courses cater to anyone responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a HACCP system or team, and is also suitable for small business owners and managers, across the catering, retail and manufacturing sectors.
The First Aid Primary Survey course is a helpful addition for any employees requiring induction or refresher first aid training.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
£97.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!
Meet our Learning & Development experts
PA and Senior Administrator