Food Allergy Awareness and Level 2 Food Hygiene Training Package
This training pack is made up of two popular food safety courses, Food Allergy Awareness and Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering. The training is suitable for anyone working in a food handling role.
If you own, manage or work in a food related business, you will be affected and will need to ensure your operation is compliant with EU Food Information Regulation No. 1169/2011 (FIR) / Food Information for Consumers Regulation (FIC). These regulations affect all caterers and food service organisations, no matter how big or small, and require food businesses to provide allergy information on unpackaged and pre-packed foods.
As a business owner or food handler, you also have a duty to comply with the provisions of Regulation (EC) 852/2004 of the European Parliament on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs, the Food Safety Act 1990, and Food Hygiene (England) Regulations 2005. This requires Food Businesses to ensure that food handlers are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene and food safety in a way that is appropriate to the work they do and enables them to handle food safely and hygienically.
Food Allergy Awareness e-learning content
The Food Allergy Awareness course contains the following e-learning:
- An introduction to food allergy awareness – This module introduces learners to the objectives of this course and the skills they will gain upon completion.
- What is a food allergy? – This section looks at what food allergens are and how to recognise symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- Legislation – This section explores the fourteen allergens listed by law that food handlers need to recognise. Learners will find out what ingredients and examples of food can cause allergies and what labelling is required on pre-packed food.
- Practical Process – This module looks at things learners need to consider to keep consumers safe, how they can provide allergen information specific to your food business and how they can safely prepare and store or package food without cross contamination.
Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering e-learning content:
The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering course contains the following e-learning
- An introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene – In this introduction learners will look at and learn how popular terms relate to food that has been prepared and served.
- The Effect of foodborne Illness – Looking at what foodborne illnesses are and how they may impact us from a personal and legal responsibility.
- Food Law – Food often has a long journey from growth and harvesting, through to delivery and preparation and finally through to being eaten. As a result there are many opportunities for it to become contaminated. In this section we look at legislation in place that relates to food hygiene and food safety.
- Hazards and Contamination – How food becomes contaminated, exploring food safety hazards and hygiene risks and how they arise or how they may be prevented and controlled.
- Food Preservation, Food Storage and Temperature Control – How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage.
- Personal Hygiene – This section looks at why personal hygiene is so important when working with food hygiene in catering. From hand washing, health, first aid, protective clothing and appearance.
- Hygienic Premises and Equipment – This section looks at what part the premises and equipment design play in maintaining hygienic, pest-free conditions for food caterers.
- Hazards Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) – It is a requirement of regulations that all businesses implement and maintain a documented Food Safety Management system based on HACCP. This section explains how to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System.
Food Allergy Awareness and Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering Certificates
The Food Allergy Awareness course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost. The Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene for Catering course test consists of 30 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost. If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records. The certificate awarded on successful completion of the Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering course is City & Guilds accredited, and the Food Allergy Awareness training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
If you have bought the posted certificate option, a high quality, seal embossed, certificate will be sent out on the next working day. This certification is universally recognised and can be used to provide evidence of food hygiene and safety training both internally and to external auditors. There is no set time for how long a certificate is valid for, but the accepted industry standard is for food hygiene certificates to be renewed every three years. However, some employers may require you to renew your certification more frequently than this.
£30.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!