Awareness of Domestic Violence and Abuse
This course covers a wide range of information and guidance for all those working with individuals, both child and adult, who are vulnerable to domestic abuse or suffering from it.
The modules in this product have been created with victims in mind and will inform learners about domestic violence, and how to support those experiencing it.
This wide-ranging domestic violence training course is designed to give the maximum amount of information and guidance to those who are working with victims of domestic abuse or those who may be vulnerable to domestic abuse.
This domestic violence awareness course covers a wide range of topics such as:
- Types of domestic violence and abuse
- Risk factors for domestic abuse
- Situations which can make domestic abuse more likely
- The Power and Control Wheel
- The Domestic Abuse Intervention Project
- Key principles for helping victims
- The impact of domestic abuse on children, young people and vulnerable adults
- Barriers to seeking help, and how to address them
- The MARAC Process(Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences) and the Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA)
- The government’s Violence Against Women And Girls Strategy (2010)
- The importance of confidentiality but also effective information sharing
- This domestic abuse awareness course also includes infographics, interactive scenarios and challenges to engage learners whilst giving them the ability to check their knowledge as the course proceeds.
Throughout this domestic abuse training learners are also provided with statistics around domestic violence, best practice guidance for helping individuals and principles for working with domestic abuse victims.
£35.00 + VAT
Volume discounts available
Whether you are booking for yourself or for your team we can help. What’s more we can offer a discount on volume orders.
Click the button below or call us to speak to one of our team members to discuss.
You will learn
Who is it for?
What our clients say
Optimal People and Business are experts in all things HR. We worked successfully with them to produce a series of information videos to help businesses during the Corona lockdown. We are looking forward to working with them again in the near future as we grow our business.
We personally dealt with Vici at Optimal and she was a delight. She was open and honest and gave great advice and guidance. She helped us deal with what could have been a very difficult dismissal with a problematic member of staff. I would not hesitate to recommend Vici to any business for their HR.
Can’t thank Mel and the team enough. Really helped my business in a crisis. Looking forward to working with you and the team.
Brilliant service, friendly staff, lovely team
Amazing service and support from extremely knowledgeable people, who also take great care in the standard of their work. Can't fault them, thank you so much!
5* all round, Mel was extremely helpful and answered all my questions, very friendly and professional. Recommended to others and would definitely use again. Thank you again Mel and Helen.
Mel and her team are fantastic, help me all along the way with some complex issues. Couldn't recommend more.
I've used Optimal PBS on a couple of occasions now to assist with due diligence on an acquisition i've been working on and also to provide contract and handbook production. Cannot fault the support or advice provided.
We love this company and Mel is a god send to our business, she sorted everything for us from employee contracts to helping us source the right accountant, she is at the end of the phone whenever I have any HR questions (even when on holiday) can not fault her commitment. Keep up the good work!
Meet our Learning & Development experts
PA and Senior Administrator