Our well established Client are a privately owned company operating in the import, storage, sales and distribution of wood based panel products. The business was established over 30 years ago and currently holds approximately 70 employees.
Due to ongoing growth and success within the business, our client are now looking for another team member to join their vibrant sales team.
Processing sales orders and sales quotations for customers. Liaising with account managers, product managers and sales area groups to assist and benefit customers.
This job description describes the main responsibilities of the role; however, it is expected that people will undertake any other duties as required commensurate with their skills and abilities.
- Speak with customers which are mainly businesses.
- Assess customer needs and provide solutions
- Prepare and send quotes, proposals to customers
- Order processing
- Once a sale is processed, you will pass the information across to the transport team
- Provide excellent aftercare service to customers
- Be involved in the sales meetings and push for annual sales targets to be achieved as a team
- Provide excellent overall customer service, build and nurture customer relationships
Key competencies have been highlighted to illustrate expected behaviours, however a person in this role is expected to meet all the competencies at the appropriate level for each competency area as defined in the framework.
Skills required to be successful in this role include:
- Prior experience working in a Sales based sector
- An honest, enthusiastic, and willing approach, and all round good work ethics.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail skills
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Additional performance related bonus package
- Free parking.
Industry competitive salary, plus generous bonus scheme. Permanent role based locally in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
If you are an enthusiastic individual and interested in a progressive role where you will be working as part of a vibrant sales team, then please contact Sharna on 07412428910 for an informal confidential conversation and to register your interest in this role.