Unmasked Mental Health is an established small charitable organisation which supports people with poor mental health. The organisation was created with a desire to help others living with mental health issues, those who may be experiencing the same issues and coping with them alone. Their goal is simple, to unmask the stigma of mental health and they do this by providing safe, stable regulated environments for users to communicate with each other and to create bonds and friendships that they may have potentially missed out on.
With an estimated 1 in 4 people experiencing some form of mental illness, it’s probable that you, or one of your loved ones, could be living with a mental health issue in silence. The chance to talk to a someone like-minded, who maybe experiencing the same issues as you are, can be a real boost to one’s confidence and self-esteem.
The organisation is currently a CIC preparing to apply for charity status. It is at a key stage of its evolution, with the objective to build and operate a range of publicly accessible services for those suffering from mental health issues.
As a Non-Executive Director, you will be key to supporting the growth and strategic direction of the organisation whilst proactively guiding the management team through future thinking. You will have the ability to exercise independent judgement and to constructively challenge and encourage. You will also be motivated by contributing to an exciting organisation at a key time and will share the values of their strong social ethos.
Finance, Compliance & Risk NED Essential skills (x1 roles)
- You will have recent, relevant chartered accounting expertise gained at a senior strategic level in a organisation
- A qualified chartered accountant
- You will demonstrate the ability to chair a meeting of either the Finance & Performance Committee or Audit Committee dealing with complex issues of risk and assurance.
- You will have an understanding of good governance in a charitable organisation
Marketing Essential Skills (x1 role)
- A senior marketer with a proven track record in delivering results.
- The ability to support the organisation to build a long-term plan for the development of the organisation’s brand
- Mentor the leadership team to enable them to develop effective resources, tools, processes, and external relationships to execute marketing activity
- A good understanding of the charity sector would be helpful but not essential
These roles are non-remunerated. Non-Executive Directors will be required to provide approximately 12 hours per quarter to support the Trust Board Meetings and other ad-hoc activity such as mentoring.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV through the apply now button.
Closing date for application is 12pm Friday 10th June 2022.