Our amazing client is a holding company of various professional services with legal services at its core.
The group acquires local law firms and prides itself on maintaining their brand identity and local service provision post acquisition.
The law firms practice under a number of trading styles, ensuring nothing but the best is provided to their clients.
This position is held within the main clientele group. This company employs support staff delivering key supplies support services to the wider associated group companies.
Purpose of role/role objectives
Add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness and efficiency of our risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of all significant business risk.
- Implement, perform, and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable internal policies / procedures and regulations.
- Working with the Risk and Audit Manager to set out the Internal Audit scope and develop annual audit plans.
- Obtain, analyse, and evaluate various sources of data and evidence including but not limited to reports, call recording, paper and electronic files, raw data, flow charts etc.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results within a timely manner and document process
- Identifying areas of opportunity by utilising root cause trend analysis and recommend risk aversion/mitigation measures and cost savings
- Coordinate actions tracking to ensure that actions are completed within a timely manner and report the non-completion of actions to management
- Maintain open communication with management.
- Travelling to different sites to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of compliance policies and processes.
- Engage continuous knowledge development regarding changes to rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standard to perform the duties of the role.
- Any other task reasonably expected
Candidates must be or have most (if not all) of the following:
- Similar experience within a law firm or other professional services industry
- An understanding of law firm operations and the compliance framework within which they operate.
- The ability to work at a Group level and working alongside a diverse collection of brands.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to command respect quickly but avoiding confrontation.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with key individuals.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A positive, ambitious attitude.
- A pragmatic problem solver.
- Reliable, committed, loyal and hardworking.
- IT literate and capable.
Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
Additional notes or information
This role may require travel to various Group offices as required to fulfil the responsibilities. The duties and responsibilities in this job description are not exhaustive and are subject to change in accordance with the needs of the Group.
Please contact one of our recruitment team on 0330 0881857 for an informal confidential conversation and to register your interest in this role.