New Role: Financial Adviser
Base: Huddersfield, Elland, Bradford, Dewsbury, Leeds, York, Northallerton or Leyburn.
Sector: Financial Services
Summary of Role:
It is expected that the Financial Adviser will demonstrate a high level of leadership, organisation and prioritise to manage delivering a quality client service whilst helping to achieve the company’s financial targets. The Financial Adviser will be expected to build relationships throughout our client’s group and respective clients. A high level of accuracy, proficiency and professionalism are key criteria in providing quality customer service. .
To be successful in the role and in addition to meeting the indicative tasks listed below, it is essential that the employee demonstrates that they consistently perform the following indicative behaviours at a high level.
Role Specific Competencies:
Client Customer Care –
- Develop strong relationships with staff and clients through maintaining a high level of professional integrity.
- Seeking help and advice from Directors/other Team Leaders rather than compromise a delivery timeline for a client.
- Ensure clients are kept aware of any delays if timelines are unable to be achieved.
- Actively seek opportunities and referrals.
- Demonstrate positive company image by ensuring a high level of personal presentation and adhering to the company dress standard policy.
- Able to interact effectively with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to handle difficult clients effectively.
- Protect the client’s privacy and dignity and always maintains confidentiality.
- Meet GDPR policy.
- Awareness of appropriate conversations within the workplace.
- Excellent written and communication skills
Technical Skills –
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Has experience and an understanding of the fundamentals of financial services, FCA rules and procedures, and the financial planning advisory process
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Some knowledge and experience with Back Office Systems (including Intelligent Office), Provider platforms, and associated advisory tools, research tools (including Financial Express, Adviser Asset, Assureweb), risk assessment tools (including Dynamic Planner).
- Able to manage and organise own time
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to empathise with clients
Attention To Detail –
- Ensures high level of accuracy in all task’s employee performs in accordance to protocols and procedures.
- Taking pride in ensuring accurate documentation and a high level of professional presentation.
- Carefully checks own work as well as the work of others in creating the final product for the client.
- Demonstrating strong multi-tasking and prioritisation skills by ensuring all work is undertaken in order of priority to meet needs of the Directors, Leaders, Managers, colleagues, and clients.
- Proactively asks for advice rather than make an error.
- Ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Commitment, Attitude, Flexibility & Teamwork –
- Lives and promotes our clients values and culture and cares about building a credible reputation.
- Shows strong professional commitment to their position, office, and the company.
- Always displays a professional company image through the manner in which they conduct themselves professionally and their personal presentation.
- Accept feedback from others and adapts behaviour according to feedback given.
- The employee effectively communicates and maintains positive relationships with Clients, Directors, and colleagues.
- Interpersonal relationships are reflective of the company working environment where all members are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect and any form of discourtesy, harassment and discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Consideration of peers including willingness to help others when there is excess workload.
- Always displays positive persona and behaves ethically, morally, and professionally.
- Motivated, flexible & adaptable when required to work extra hours or be asked to perform extra tasks.
- Happy to perform routine tasks e.g. filing, typing or other admin duties.
- Using experience and knowledge of the company’s operations to proactively identify and fix potential problems prior to them occurring by using initiative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Punctual, reliable and follows policy to inform the line manager of sickness/delayed start time.
- Actively uses initiative to find ‘value adding’ tasks to do in quieter periods.
- Always seeks out new ways of improving systems, processes, and workflows within the office.
- Maintaining complete confidentiality and professional integrity about all company matters relating to clients, colleagues, and the business – in all work and social interactions.
- Complies with all other company policies and procedures according to the employee handbook.
- Ability to work individually and as part of the team
Role Specific Tasks:
The work required of the Financial Advisor includes:
- Develop appropriate business relationships with clients and introducers within the client’s Group.
- Promote the client’s services and actively seek referrals
- Establish contact and relations with new clients
- In all cases, obtain the required information to enable a full analysis of the client’s needs
- Construct appropriate solutions for client needs, complying with the principals of best advice
- Produce reports and recommendations, in conjunction with the paraplanner, to the firm’s high standards
- Present solutions to clients, providing educational support and ensuring clarity
- Ensure any agreed actions following client instructions are implemented
- Ensure all associated administration is completed in an effective manner to meet the firms record keeping and file quality standards.
- Review existing client’s circumstances and address any change where appropriate
- Ensure all client reviews are documented and actioned
- Operate at all times within the rules of the FCA and those set out in the company’s handbook/performance measures
- Provide support with companies centralised research (product and investment)
- In addition to your normal duties, you may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business, which include back up to the paraplanner in the event of holiday’s/sickness/or high workloads
- Responsible to meet your own CPD requirements and maintain records for compliance visits
Salary will be entirely dependent upon experience. This really is a fantastic opportunity to work in a business with strong ethics and an excellent team.
For an informal discussion and to register your interest in the position, please contact Georgina on 07539 170664 or alternatively please send your most up to date CV through to Georgina@optimal-recruitment.co.uk.