New Roles – Post Completion Legal Assistants
Location – Wakefield
Salary – c£20-25k + excellent benefits
Are you a Law Graduate with good organisational skills looking for your first role in the Legal Sector?
Do you have a Conveyancing background as a Legal Administrator or Assistant and want a move into a more complete Conveyancing area to gain more experience?
This is a great new team, and offer a great opportunity for career development, training and conveyancing!
Our Client is revolutionising legal services. By bringing together legal experts from across the country, they’re building a nationwide team with local delivery to champion their colleagues, clients and communities.
They pride themselves on providing their nationwide clients with honest, cost effective and reliable legal services. As one of the largest providers of conveyancing in the UK, they have many clients who return to them for their fast, modern service and their dedication to client care.
This role will be based within their Legal Operations Department in Wakefield where you’ll be working with their team of dedicated, highly skilled legal professionals. As a member of the post completion team you will be responsible for ensuring all regulatory and legal aspects of processing sale and purchase files are completed efficiently and accurately.
Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for providing an accurate and efficient post completions service to the business on a range of files, including Purchase, Remortgage, Sale and Transfers of Equity
- Carry out the processing and submitting registrations and changes to HM Land Registry, conducting Stamp Duty Land Tax returns, following up on mortgage redemptions, checking and renewing searches
- Administrative tasks including scanning, dealing with original documentation, archiving and discharging
- Sending updated Title Registers and Title Deeds to clients, mortgage lenders and any other parties who require them
- Follow and comply with set procedures and service level agreements
- Ensure that clients are dealt with efficiently, professionally and politely
- Communication with HM Land Registry, HMRC, Welsh revenue authority, clients and other 3rd parties including solicitors and managing agents both on the telephone, email and in written correspondence
- Communicate internally with conveyancing, remortgage, compliance and wills and probate teams where necessary
- Participate in regular team meetings and identify opportunities for continuous improvement to further improve the service offered by the Team.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and maintain high levels of accuracy
- Assertive, calm, friendly and a good team player
- Excellent time management & organisational skills
- Advanced ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Resilient and adaptable to change
- Reliable and flexible
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Proficient with IT systems and programmes i.e. MS Office, Word, Outlook and Excel
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary dependent upon experience.
Please call Georgina on 07539 170664 and send your cv to email@example.com for an initial informal chat