Base: Huddersfield, Elland, Bradford, Dewsbury, Leeds, York and Leyburn
Sector: Financial Services
It is expected that the Paraplanner will demonstrate a high level of analytical, prioritisation and attention to detail skills to manage their workload effectively at all times. Paraplanners will provide research and technical support and produce high quality recommendation reports. A high level of accuracy, proficiency and professionalism are key criteria in providing quality services to the practice and quality customer service to our clients.
To be successful in the role and in addition to meeting the indicative tasks listed below, it is essential that the employee demonstrates that they consistently perform the following indicative behaviours at a high level.
Role Specific Competencies:
Client customer Service –
- Develop relationships with staff and clients through maintaining a high level of professional integrity.
- Seek help and advice from a Director, Leader or Manager rather than compromise a delivery timeline for a client.
- Ensure advisers and clients are kept aware of any delays if timelines are unable to be achieved.
- Demonstrate a positive company image by ensuring a high level of personal presentation and adhering to the company dress standard policy.
- Able to interact effectively with people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to handle difficult clients effectively.
- Protect the client’s privacy and dignity and always maintain confidentiality.
- Meets GDPR policy.
- Awareness of appropriate conversations within the workplace.
- Excellent written and communication skills
Technical Skills –
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Has a good understanding of the fundamentals of financial services, FCA rules and procedures and the financial planning advisory process
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Back Office Systems (including Intelligent Office), Provider platforms and associated advisory tools, research tools (including Financial Express, Adviser Asset, Assureweb), risk assessment tools (including Dynamic Planner).
- Experience of writing and producing client suitability reports and utilizing report writing tools (including Genovo)
- Fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Problem solving skills
Attention To Detail –
- Ensures high level of accuracy in all task’s employee performs in accordance to protocols and procedures.
- Taking pride in ensuring accurate documentation and a high level of professional presentation.
- Carefully checks own work as well as the work of others in creating the final product for the client.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking and prioritisation skills by ensuring all work is undertaken in order of priority to meet needs of the Directors, Leaders, colleagues, and clients.
- Proactively asks for advice rather than make an error.
- Ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Commitment, Attitude, Flexibility & Teamwork –
- Lives and promotes our clients values and culture and cares about building a credible reputation.
- Shows strong professional commitment to their position, office, and the company.
- Always displays a professional company image through the manner in which they conduct themselves professionally and their personal presentation.
- Accept feedback from others and adapts behaviour according to feedback given.
- The employee effectively communicates and maintains positive relationships with Clients, Directors, and colleagues.
- Interpersonal relationships are reflective of the company working environment where all members are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect and any form of discourtesy, harassment and discrimination will not be tolerated.
- Consideration of peers including willingness to help others when there is excess workload.
- Always displays positive persona and behaves ethically, morally, and professionally.
- Motivated, flexible & adaptable when required to work extra hours or be asked to perform extra tasks.
- Happy to perform routine tasks e.g. filing, typing or other admin duties.
- Using experience and knowledge of the company’s operations to proactively identify and fix potential problems prior to them occurring by using initiative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Punctual, reliable and follows the clients policy to inform the line manager of sickness/delayed start time.
- Actively uses initiative to find ‘value adding’ tasks to do in quieter periods.
- Always seeks out new ways of improving systems, processes, and workflows within the office.
- Maintaining complete confidentiality and professional integrity about all company matters relating to clients, colleagues, and the business – in all work and social interactions.
- Complies with all other company policies and procedures according to the the clients employee handbook.
- Ability to work individually and as part of the team
- Ability to use own initiative
Role Specific Tasks:
The work required of the Paraplanner is predominately generated through Iris Practice Management and is prioritised at the discretion of the Team Leader. The position may undertake all tasks, but are not limited to:
- Obtain the required information to enable a full analysis of the client’s needs to be conducted
- Identify and discuss any discrepancies of the client file with the financial adviser
- Undertake research and analysis both independently and with the financial adviser to identify suitable solutions to meet client’s needs and objectives
- Produce reports and recommendations to the company’s high standards and implement solutions agreed with clients
- Ensure the companies high standards of client care are met by demonstrating competence in all stages of the advisory process, operating at all times with the rules of the FCA as documented in the company’s compliance procedures
- Ensure all associated administration is completed in an effective manner to meet the firms record keeping and file quality standards
- Ownership of the company’s report writing procedures and software. Review available options and consider improvements to procedures/systems
- Assist with internal product (PROD) and centralised investment research
- Greet all individuals either in person, or on the telephone or in an email in a friendly and approachable manner
- Always listen to the client and what they are asking
- Operate at all times within the rules of the FCA and those set out in the company’s handbook/performance measures
- In addition to your normal duties, you may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business, which include back up to the paraplanner in the event of holiday’s/sickness/or high workloads
- Responsible to meet your own CPD requirements and maintain records for compliance visits
- Promote the client Services
Salary will be entirely dependent upon experience. This really is a fantastic opportunity to work in a business with strong ethics and an excellent team.
To register your interest in the position please call Georgina on 07539 170664 or alternatively send your most up to date CV through to Georgina@optimal-recruitment.co.uk.