NEW ROLE – HR & Payroll Administrator
Permanent position – Halifax, West Yorkshire
Salary c£20k + Full Benefits
Reporting to Finance & HR Director
Purpose of the Role;
To assist the Finance Director in all HR & Payroll responsibilities.
- Payroll – Calculate the weekly timesheets for payment
- Payroll – Calculate the Salaried staff pay
- Processing the payroll via external resources using correct reporting procedure.
- Generating the bank payments
- Maintain both paper & computer records of all payroll functions
- Processing of HMRC documentation including P11d’s
- Processing & paying of any Attachment of Earnings Orders
- Ensure all pay increases are noted in personnel files and JMS changed accordingly.
- Ensure all processes adhere to GDPR
- Ensure pension compliancy
- Maintain bank records for employees
- Ensure knowledge of SSP.SMP.SPP and any other benefit systems are up to date.
- Help resolve any staff queries relating to payroll matters.
- Maintain internal wages spreadsheets
Duties – HR
- Assist in all aspects of recruitment, to include advertising, arranging interviews. Liaising with internal departments to establish requirements
- Prepare and issue offer letters
- Preparation of all new employee documentation.
- Maintain & Issue the Staff Handbook in line with Company Policies
- Arrange via purchasing /777 Networks any PPE/ Computer requirements
- Prepare induction timelines in accordance with line managers requirements. Diarise all events and book meeting/training rooms as required
- Conduct HR interview on first day – explanation of contracts, completion of necessary paperwork
- Initiate & maintain computer and paper personnel files
- Arrange, attend (if required) & document end of probation meetings
- Organise and attend (if required) employee appraisal / reviews.
- Collate any training requirements
- Attend & document any disciplinary/ grievance meetings
- Assist in preparation of new HR documentation and take over the maintenance of processes once procedures are in place.
- Be aware of changes in legislation, pass information to line managers as necessary.
- Maintenance of in-house employee benefit schemes.
- Stock Maintenance and purchasing of employee uniforms.
The HR and Accounts office are also responsible for general office functions, including but not limited to, telephone duties, reception – greeting of visitors, stationery ordering and general IT assistance. This is a busy office providing assistance & support to all other departments so a willingness to help is essential.
This is a small team, but a team that work closely together. Please call Georgina on 07539 170664 for an initial informal chat and send your cv to email@example.com.
Experience in Payroll Procedures.
Excellent knowledge of MS Word & Excel
Excellent attention to detail
Strong interpersonal skills
Maintain confidentiality in all matters
CIPD Level 3 qualifications.
Solid communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills; understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.