“We know, believe, and love what we are doing. But more importantly, above all, we believe in HR.”
Optimal HR are a professional outsourcing business based in Halifax, West Yorkshire. We provide end to end HR outsourcing solutions to businesses across the UK. For many of our clients, we are their entire HR function, fulfilling everything from administrative tasks right through to strategic support and everything in between. For other clients, we support them on projects and initiatives such as M&A due diligence, integration programmes, TUPE transfers, pay & benchmarking reviews or general ER matters.
We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer service and expertise. Being good is not good enough, being great is what we want, and what we are known for.
We are now looking for another HR Advisor, ideally with experience of working in the education sector (schools and academies) to join our growing team. The individual will work with a range of academies and be their point of call for all HR matters ensuring that we are providing a service that adds value to the organisation.
Our next team-mate will be at least CIPD level 3 qualified and have worked at HR Advisor level for at least 3 years or have strong experience of working in schools or academies in a defined HR role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advise / support HR Business Partners with disciplinary and grievance issues including; issue of associated letters, conducting investigations & note taking in hearings where appropriate
- Assist managers in absence and performance management
- Support Managers in adhoc recruitment activity / senior appointments · Complete regular Audits of PES (Pre-employment screening) packs produced by HR Administrator in-line with business requirements
- Review and develop HR Best Practice Workshops
- Coaching of Managers on best practice
- Manage and develop HR Administrators
- Keep up to date with Employment Law / legislation changes
- Review and identify improvements to HR procedures whilst ensuring full compliance with current and future regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Consistently deliver high quality levels of customer and client service
- Deliver high standards of compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and client requirements
- Adherence to all policies and procedures
- Delivery of objectives on time and fit for business / deliver to agreed SLA
- Actions delivered through own initiative
- Prioritising activities and developing realistic plans to achieve objectives within appropriate deadlines
- Provision of consistent and professional advice / support to the business
- Positive feedback from business
- Excellent communication & Influencing skills
- Effective relationship builder
- Ability to be flexible and multi task
Qualifications & Experience:
- CIPD Level 3 as a minimum (Essential)
- Experience in Schools or Acadamies in a defined HR role (Highly desirable)
- Excellent relationship management skills
- A flexible work environment with a mixture of office, client site and home working
- Good rates of pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Your Birthday off
If you want to be our next HR Advisor, please apply with a covering letter and a detailed CV covering all of your work experience.