New Role: HR Administrator for Impact Education Multi-Academy Trust
Salary: Scale 1-3 | SCP 1 – 6 (£18,333 – £20,043) (pay award pending)
Contract Type: Full Time (37 hours per week) | Permanent
Contract Term: All Year | 26 days holiday + bank holidays
This is an exciting opportunity to join a developing Multi-Academy Trust of seven schools. The role is to support the work of the Head of HR and the HR administration team, while being instrumental in the development of the central services function and will evolve with the Trust which incorporated in May 2013.
The role will be based in the Trust central office at Bradley, Huddersfield, however the ability to travel to individual schools is a necessity.
- Carry out a wide range of administrative functions relating to all aspects of work within the HR team including, but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, employee relations, data entry, data analysis, learning and development, benefits management and off-boarding.
- Processing new joiners onto HR Information System (EVERY), and liaising with internal stakeholders to ensure everything is set up in time for the new joiner’s arrival.
- Send out induction checklists and probationary review forms to line managers for their new starters. Monitor the return of induction checklists and probation forms and follow up with line managers where these are not completed.
- Monitor staff absence and logging following up on sickness/return to work interview documentation. Ensure the receipt of medical certificates where appropriate. Record all absence and return to work information on the HR database.
- Generating offer letters, contracts, contractual changes.
- Processing changes (salary, roles, hours etc.) on the HR Information System.
- Act as a point of contact to answer and deal with day-to-day enquiries (both internal and external) in a timely and efficient manner, signposting or referring when needed.
- Support the efficient running of the entire recruitment and selection processes which may include producing panel packs, sending out invites, checking applicant details, producing schedules etc.
- Maintain accurate electronic and paper records of the recruitment and selection process.
- Ensure all staff have relevant training assigned, and are up to date and compliant.
- Advocate the development and implementation of new HR systems and processes, and assist with other HR projects where required, as part of own departmental development.
- Support the with employee relations cases when required including general administration and being present at informal and formal meetings to take minutes.
- Be committed to the continuous improvement and review of current practices and procedures; making suggestions for revision where need for change is indicated.
- Carry out any other such reasonable duties as may be determined by the scope of the post.
Impact Education Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
Relevant HR qualification, e.g. CIPD (or evidence of working towards) and/or significant current experience
Have a high standard of education, literacy and numeracy (minimum equivalence of GCSE C/5+ English and Maths)
Be a member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
Has demonstrable knowledge of the Academy sector
Relevant and recent personal and professional development
Up to date working knowledge of employment law
Safer Recruitment training certification
Full DBS clearance
Full UK Driving License
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Understanding of Human Resources process, procedures and policies
A minimum of 1 years’ experience in Human Resources
Experience working in the current educational environment
Experience of working with trade unions
Experience of administration related to Teachers Pension and Local Government Pension Scheme or be willing to undertake training
Good listening, oral and literacy skills
Record-keeping skills and information management
- Car Benefit Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistant Programme (Including LifeWorks health & wellbeing portal & App
- Face-to-face or telephone counselling (also available for immediate family members)
- Online Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) (also available for immediate family members)
- Gym Discounts
- Mobile phone deals
- Retail Discounts Scheme
- Westfield Health – voluntary Everyday Health Plan – e.g claim back optical and dental payments
For further information about working for Impact Education MAT, please visit our website:
Please download and complete the application form online and send it to admin@i‑mat.org.uk