NEW ROLE – HR ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Location – Huddersfield
Please get in touch with Sharna for an initial informal chat
“We know, believe, and love what we are doing. But more importantly, above all, we believe in HR.”
Optimal HR are a professional outsourcing business based in Bradley, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire. We provide end to end HR outsourcing solutions to businesses across the UK. For many of our clients, we are their entire HR function, fulfilling everything from administrative tasks right through to strategic support and everything in between. For other clients, we support them on projects and initiatives such as M&A due diligence, integration programmes, TUPE transfers, pay & benchmarking reviews or general ER matters.
We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer service and expertise. Being good is not good enough, being great is what we want, and what we are known for.
We are now looking for a HR Administration Manager to join our growing team. The individual will partner with our fabulous administration team and will support a range of clients for all HR and Administration matters ensuring that we are providing a service that adds value to the organisation.
This role involves managing a small team of HR Administrators to provide full lifecycle HR support across a wide range of diverse clients ensuring all client SLA are met and work is produced to the highest of standards.
The role will also provide a small amount of PA support to the MD and Ops Director on an as and when basis.
This job description describes the main responsibilities of the role, however it is expected that people will undertake any other duties as required commensurate with their skills and abilities
- Managing a small HR Administration team with the full lifecycle of HR matters which include:
- Managing an end to end recruitment process for clients
- Processing of new starters including preparing contracts of employments, gathering all new starter information, setting up on HR systems
- Auditing HR data, updating employee files and HR records
Managing all pre-employment checks including DBS checks, references, recording the outcomes and ensuring a good candidate onboarding journey
- Manage client reward & benefit administration.
- Issuing ex-employee references
- Preparing payroll reports
- Managing the client employee advice line
- Supporting the wider HR Team with project and admin support, taking minutes and setting up meetings
- Supporting the HR Team with intranet and HR System updates
- Daily management of the wider office of 12 people.
- Managing team workloads
- Identifying efficiencies in the way the teamwork and working with the Projects Consultant to utilise technology better
- Liaising with clients on general HR matters and resolving queries.
Daily contact with wider HR Team, Recruitment Team, Project Consultant, Employment Lawyers, Clients and their employees.
Key competencies have been highlighted to illustrate expected behaviours, however a person in this role is expected to meet all the competencies at the appropriate level for each competency area as defined in the framework.
- Ensure the client is at the heart of everything you do
- Focus on results, but without compromising quality
- Put yourself in the position of others always thinking how you would like to be treated in that situation
- Be attentive and listen fully to others needs
- Show respect, empathy and understanding, aim to build rapport, trust and put people at ease
- Take ownership of customer issues using the term “I” not “We”
- Ensure all day-to-day actions are covered using strong time management
- Show integrity, discretion and respect confidentiality
- Ensure that expectations can be met before agreeing to carry out work
- Remain calm when dealing with challenging situations
- Identify and communicate any potential problems that may prevent you from meeting their needs
- Positively and constructively challenge existing processes
- Be flexible in the way we work
- Think creatively to develop alternative ideas
- Support alternative ideas with facts and figures or client feedback
- Organise and prioritise work to increase efficiency levels
- Demonstrate why doing the right thing is important in our business and not just about following the rules
- Adhere to policies and procedures to ensure a consistent and compliant approach is taken
- Understand and co-operate with quality monitoring and customer outcome measures
- Ensure that own work complies with quality standards
- Be professional in everything we do
- Show a broad understanding of the options and solutions available to our customers
- Only offer a solution that will help the customer and add value to their case
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the range of services offered by Optimal.
- Provide the correct course of action based on the customers individual circumstances
- Develop knowledge and understanding by listening to our customers
- Present information clearly and precisely for our customers
- Check to ensure information is clearly understood within the team
- Consider all possibilities when looking for a customer solution
- Constructively challenge existing practices to seek different and more effective ways of working
- Think of solutions that may include other external organisations
Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working in a office environment and managing a busy team
- The ability to manage competing priorities
- Previous experience of working in a HR role
- Previous experience of using a HR database
- Knowledge of the educations sector (desirable, not essential)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to confidently challenge the status quo
- Confident written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Able to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organised and able to work in a methodical manner
Salary will be competitive for the right person, for an informal initial chat please call Sharna McWilliam at Optimal Recruitment on 07412428910 and email your most up to date cv to Sharna@optimal-recruitment.co.uk