Newsome Academy is part of the Impact Education Multi-Academy Trust. The school is values-driven and is focussed on creating a world-class education for the community it serves, through its mission ‘Where Hearts and Minds Connect’.
We are now supporting Newsome Academy with their search for an experienced Head of Maths and Associate Assistant Head Teacher to join their expanding team.
Post Title: Curriculum Development Lead for Maths
Salary: MPS/UPS (TLR1)
Reporting to: Director of Maths
Primary objective of the post:
Provide strategic leadership in delegated areas to secure improvements which raise levels of student achievement and attainment.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Accountable for ensuring that students maximise their progress and attainment across all levels and abilities.
- Through leadership and management of the faculty, put strategies in place to ensure a co-ordinated approach to raising standards for individuals and target groups.
- Accountable for improving the quality of teaching and learning in the faculty.
- Accountable for ensuring that curricula taught in the faculty is within the context of national and Academy policy and that impact is measured and monitored.
- Lead on the recruitment and performance management of staff in the faculty, ensuring the highest standards are maintained through consistent application of policies/procedures to support and guide staff.
- Ensure staff resources are deployed effectively, daily, across the faculty.
- To support the strategic direction of the Academy by being a member of the Extended Leadership Team.
- Develop quality assurance strategies which drive up standards of learning and teaching across the team, in line with the Academy’s drive towards outstanding, whilst ensuring effective implementation of Academy policies.
- Ensure student data is accurate and up to date and used proactively to develop individual targets which enable students to monitor their own progress.
- Use data analysis to inform planning and intervention, set high expectations and targets for students and staff to drive up achievement.
- Lead the development of outstanding curriculum provision including appropriate syllabuses and schemes of work which promote high achievement, outstanding student leadership and independence and spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development.
- Maximise opportunities for students to develop skills in reading, writing, communication and maths across the curriculum within the faculty.
All members of staff are expected to:
- Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school.
- Have regard for the need to safeguard pupils’ wellbeing and health & safety by following relevant statutory guidance, along with school policies and completing mandatory training on an annual basis.
- Demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviours.
- Share responsibility for ensuring that their own knowledge and understanding is relevant and up to date.
- Support equal opportunities measures and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level or responsibility of the work to be undertaken, commensurate with the grade. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the potholder will carry out, which would be determined by the Line Manager or Head teacher.
This is a truly amazing opportunity for the right candidate. For an informal chat, please call 0330 0881857or to apply for the role, please click the link attached here: Vacancies – Newsome Academy
Please note that this role requires a full application form completing which is available of the academy website using the link above. CV’s will not be accepted.
Newsome Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
No agencies please.