Our Client is widely regarded as a top 100 law firm and operates with various brands across the UK. They are a “top ranked law firm” as awarded to us by leading legal directory Chambers and Partners and are a “leading firm” in the Legal 500. Their employee count currently exceeds 600, who are based across various offices throughout the country.
They are revolutionising legal services. By bringing together legal experts from across the country, they’re building a nationwide team with local delivery to champion their colleagues, clients and communities.
Due to expansion we are now looking to support their appointment a senior solicitor or other suitably qualified experienced advisor to head up the department in Shrewsbury, Shropshire.
You will be an expert in handling both respondent and claimant Employment Law and preferably have a minimum of 5 years+ PQE. You will ideally have a following, or be well connected locally. Business development is a key aspect of this role, and you must have a proven record of success
The role is a varied and challenging position and the individual will be an integral part of the Employment team.
- Run and develop your own caseload
- Provide advice to clients on a variety of employment law issues
- Draft documents, ie contracts, settlement agreements, policies, procedures and handbooks
- Take and draft witness statements
- Analyse and evaluate evidence of cases
- Conduct pre-hearing reviews
- Undertake research
- Conduct advocacy
- Liaise with clients and other professionals such as barristers
- Represent clients at Employment Tribunals
- Be business development focused
- Ability and desire to sell our fixed price employment law retainer, Employ-Line.
- Deliver presentations/seminars on employment matters
- Excellent client care skills
- Professional with a pro-active approach
- Highly effective communicator
- Concise and clear document drafting
- Excellent organisational skills
- Conscientious and hardworking
- Team player
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary dependent upon experience.
Please contact one of our recruitment team on 0330 0881857 for an informal confidential conversation and to register your interest in this role.