Post Title: Cover Supervisor
Contract: Permanent | Term Time + 5 days
Contractual Hours: 35 hours per week
Scale: 5 | SCP 12 – 17 (£22,571 – £24,920 FTE)
Actual Salary: £18,641 – £20,581
The Whitley AP Academy are part of Impact Education Multi Academy Trust (“the Trust”), who are passionate about making a difference and inspiring children to be resilient and confident learners with a love for learning. We want our children to be excited about learning and to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding across a wide curriculum. We believe in celebrating success and ensuring that children feel valued.
The Trust are on a mission to improve social mobility for the disadvantaged and to improve the life chances of children and young people. The Trust is a values driven organisation with the belief that collaborative leadership and strong partnership development can lead to significant positive impact on the quality of education. For more information about the Trust go to Impact Education Multi Academy Trust.
Please see attached Recruitment Pack for further information about this role, The Whitley AP Academy and the Trust.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• In the absence of a teacher, provide supervision and be responsible for a class of pupils during lesson time.
• In the absence of a member of our Pastoral Team, fulfil the role of absent colleagues, this may be include providing in class support to a Form or working as part of the wider Pastoral Team as needed.
• Liaise with teachers and other relevant professionals regarding work set for the class, making effective use of ICT to support learning activities and develop pupils’ competence.
• Manage the behaviour of pupils to promote and maintain order and a calm working environment in the classroom and around the Academy.
• Communicate the work set by the class teacher to the pupils, to ensure that they are aware of the teacher’s expectations of standards and deadlines for the completion of the work.
• Establish effective working relationships to motivate and encourage pupils to engage with their learning and work co-operatively with others.
• Ensure a smooth handover of completed work and feedback on progress and any issues arising, providing accurate and objective reports on pupil achievement as required.
• Ensure the health, safety and welfare of pupils is maintained at all times and deal with any problems or emergencies in line with Academy policy and procedures.
• Act as an invigilator for exams if required.
• Accompany teaching staff and pupils on educational visits if required.
• Undertake any administrative duties relevant to the post, e.g., completion of SIMs registers.
• Perform other relevant tasks as directed by senior leaders.
• Work in partnership with, and across, other Academies across Impact Education Multi Academy Trust, as required
Criteria – Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
Experience of working with pupils in the seven to sixteen age range in a classroom environment. (E)
Experience of working with pupils with a range of abilities and needs. (E)
Experience of delivering lessons to pupils. (D)
Experience of teaching a wide range of subjects. (D)
Experience of working with Primary and Secondary aged pupils with special needs including emotional and behavioural difficulties. (D)
Experience of working in an effective team. (E)
Knowledge & Skills
Ability to relate well to pupils and adults, and an ability to work as part of a team. (E)
Ability to take responsibility and work autonomously within agreed boundaries and expectations. (E)
Ability to remain calm under pressure. (E)
Demonstrate good co-operative, interpersonal and effective listening skills. (E)
Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to the Academy, its pupils, parents or carers. (E)
Ability to cope with the requirements of the post, which will include working with pupils who have emotional / behavioural / physical difficulties. (E)
Exercising advisory, guiding, negotiating and persuasive skills at a developed level. (E)
An understanding of the issues relating to pupils who have additional learning needs, more able and special educational needs. (D)
Awareness of safeguarding issues. (E)
Awareness of child development. (D)
Good communication skills. (E)
Good numeracy / literacy skills. (E)
Ability to use Microsoft Office packages. (E)
Qualifications / Training
GCSE English and Maths or equivalent e.g., Adult Literacy / Numeracy at Level 1. (E)
Other relevant qualifications relating to the post e.g., Level 2 NVQ in Health / Childcare, first aid qualification. (D)
Evidence of further training / development and / or willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities e.g., Team Teach, Moving & Handling, Special Educational Needs. (D)
A full driving licence. (D)
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive definition of the post. It will be reviewed annually.
This is a truly amazing opportunity for the right candidate. For an informal chat, please call 003300881857 or to apply for the role, please click the link attached here: https://i-mat.org.uk/working-for-us/
The Whitely AP Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am Monday 27th June