Post: Administration Assistant
Scale: SCP 6-10
Salary: £20,043 – £21,695 FTE
Contract Term: Term Time Only plus 5 Inset Days, 25 hours per week
Contract Type: Term Time | Permanent
Start Date: 01/09/2022
The Whitley AP Academy are part of Impact Education Multi Academy Trust (“the Trust”), who are passionate about making a difference and inspiring children to be resilient and confident learners with a love for learning. We want our children to be excited about learning and to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding across a wide curriculum. We believe in celebrating success and ensuring that children feel valued.
The Trust are on a mission to improve social mobility for the disadvantaged and to improve the life chances of children and young people. The Trust is a values driven organisation with the belief that collaborative leadership and strong partnership development can lead to significant positive impact on the quality of education. For more information about the Trust go to Impact Education Multi Academy Trust.
Please see attached Recruitment Pack for further information about this role, The Whitley AP Academy and the Trust.
Closing Date: 9am Friday 1st July 2022
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide a friendly and professional reception service to all visitors and callers; to be main point of contact for all enquiries, phone calls, appointments and visitors, arranging meetings, helping to co-ordinate the Academy diary.
• To provide an accurate administrative support which includes maintaining databases, recording attendance, exclusions, correspondence, reports, etc. using Microsoft Office, SIMS and any other systems as required.
• To ensure ‘Admission’ meetings and events are arranged and prepared for in a timely manner.
• Dealing with mail, photocopying, producing documents, reports etc. as required.
• Liaise with Calderdale Transport and support pupils and their parents/carers with applications for bus passes
• Be responsible for the ordering and collection of school meals / daily meal orders, being responsible for cash and related financial tasks; liaison with the Local Authority concerning Free School Meals
• To ensure inventories of equipment and stock are maintained relating to all aspects of office equipment / resources, reprographics and everyday classroom resources etc.
• To liaise with parents / carers to record pupil absences, in line with the Academy’s Safeguarding Policy and where appropriate, identifying those pupils who require support
• To support the Senior Administrator in implementing Academy finance systems, this includes – but is not limited to, placing orders, receiving deliveries and processing invoices.
• Demonstrate excellent time keeping and keep to all deadlines set.
Please note that this is illustrative of the general nature and level or responsibility of the work to be undertaken, commensurate with the grade. It is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that the post-holder will carry out, which would be determined by the Line Manager or Senior Leaders.
Post Grade: Scale 4 (SCP 7– 11)
Criteria – Essential (E) / Desirable (D) How Identified
Experience of administrative duties. (E)
Experience of working with computer packages e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel. (E)
Experience of working with computer packages e.g. SIMS and CPOMS. (D)
Experience of working in an effective team. (E)
Experience of working in a school setting with parents, other schools and support agencies. (D)
Experience of working with Primary and Secondary aged pupils with special needs including emotional
and behavioural difficulties. (D)
Knowledge & Skills
Understanding of customer care and providing an effective service. (E)
Appreciation of the need to maintain strictest confidentiality about matters concerning school and how this relates to the duties of the post. (E)
Ability to relate well to pupils and adults, and an ability to work as part of a team. (E)
Ability to take work autonomously within agreed boundaries and expectations. (E)
Ability to remain calm under pressure. (E)
Demonstrate good co-operative, interpersonal and effective listening skills. (E)
An understanding of the issues relating to pupils who have additional learning needs, more able and special
educational needs. (D)
Awareness of safeguarding issues. (D)
Good communication skills. (E)
Good numeracy / literacy skills. (E)
Qualifications / Training
GCSE English and Maths or equivalent e.g., Adult Literacy / Numeracy at Level 1. (E)
Business & Administration NVQ 2, or equivalent qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent skills. (D)
Other relevant qualifications relating to the post. (D)
Evidence of further training / development and / or willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities. (E)
A full driving licence. (D)
This is a truly amazing opportunity for the right candidate. For an informal chat, please call 0330 088 1857 or to apply for the role, please click the link attached here: https://i-mat.org.uk/working-for-us/
The Whitley AP Academy is committed to safeguarding staff and students and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service DBS check. All interviews will include a question about Safeguarding and any anomalies identified in pre-recruitment checks will be discussed at interview.